Working at Cotswold Archaeology
All benefits are linked to individual grades and length of service with the company, and include:generous annual leave allowance, rising with length of service
- paid sick leave
- generous contributory stakeholder pension plan
- group Life Assurance and personal accident insurance
- childcare voucher scheme
- employee assistance programme
- payment of professional fees (subject to qualifying service)
Depending on individual project parameters and locations, there is sometimes the potential to earn:
- lieu time or overtime for hours worked in excess of 7.5 per day
- lieu time for driving carried out either side of a 7.5 hour working day
- lieu time for passenger time in excess of 45 minutes carried out either side of a 7.5 hour working day
Where staff are required to work on a project classed as “away” and provided with overnight accommodation, we pay a flat rate of £15 subsistence per night.
As a Registered Organisation with the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists, we observe and exceed their recommendations regarding remuneration.
Employees are encouraged to undertake talks and presentations to local societies and groups, write articles for publication and submit items for our corporate website. Staff also play a role in the development of the heritage sector through their work on local committees.