Senior Project Officer
Cotswold Archaeology are looking for experienced and ambitious individuals who are ready to take the next step in their career and lead the archaeological direction and site management of our most prestigious fieldwork projects. You will have the principal responsibility for assuring the quality of archaeological strategies and understanding. With a large variety of projects in the field today and further commissions due to start soon, you will have the opportunity to lead some of the largest and most exceptional archaeological excavations being undertaken in the UK.
All of our SPOs take leading roles in the publication of theirs and others’ work; with publication, dissemination and outreach being the fundamental driver for all of our work.
We encourage progression through-out all of the stages of your career, as is demonstrated by the progression of many of our colleagues from site archaeologist to managers and technical specialists.
We continue to grow as a strong and sustainable business, working as one company from our five offices. We have been operating from our Milton Keynes office for over 8 years now, delivering over 1400 projects, from the largest of infrastructure schemes to providing expert advice on the conversion of a Listed village pub. We currently employ over 60 permanent staff within our Milton Keynes office and over 240 staff across the company.
Along with a starting salary well above the CIfA minimum, we offer a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Generous financial assistance with potential relocation
- Pension and life assurance schemes
- 23 days leave (including Bank Holidays) rising with length of service to a ceiling of 25 days
- A lieu and overtime scheme operated for all driving time, and time spent in excess of
- 45 minutes each way as a passenger, outside of the normal 7.5 hour working day (accumulate up to 10 days additional lieu time annually)
- Good quality accommodation, and subsistence payments for all away projects
- Paid CIfA membership subscription
- Employee Assistance Programme
How to apply
Please submit a completed application form, CV and covering letter, including complete contact details of two referees with recent first-hand knowledge of your fieldwork ability.
Email your application to email@example.com or post to HR Department, Cotswold Archaeology, Building 11, Kemble Enterprise Park, Cirencester, GL7 6BQ. Closing date for this opportunity is Monday 10th June 2019 at 12pm.
If you are interested and would like to know more, we would recommend an informal discussion with Stuart Joyce, Principal Fieldwork Manager (01908 556008).